Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vaccinations


Today Mila had her first round of vaccination. I was really worried that she would have a negative reaction to the DPT vaccine because the same shot caused Mike to go into anaphylactic shock when he was her age. So, to be on the safe side I dragged Mike's mom with me to our appointment so she could explain our concerns with the Dr. The Dr. explained to us that there was a 10% chance that Mila would experience the same problem that Mike had when he was a baby. He felt confident in giving her the full dose, so Mila got her DPT shot and there were no negative reactions....few! She did develop a fever, but with the help of Tylenol her fever broke and she's back to her normal self. The Dr. wanted to give Mila 3 other injections but Marylin and I decided that it would be best to split them up so that there weren't so many foreign things going into her body all at once. I am so glad everything turned out the way they did.

So now lets talk about my little Chub-a-roo's growth...

Height: 22 1/2 inches % 50
Weight: 13 pounds 8 oz % 95
Head: 15 1/2 inches % 50

Basically, my girl loves to eat. Haha!!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh scary! Good thing it was ok. Naomi always got fevers afterwards. Those are hard on the little ones.