Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Febrile Seizures: Facts & Prevention

This is a article that I found that explains almost to the "T" what happened to Mila on Saturday. It was the scariest moment of my life!!!! I pray to God that this wont happen to her again but if does I NEED to be prepared. I'm waiting to her back from Choc Children's hospital to take a class on CPR....I can't believe none of us knew how to do CPR (we all new bits and pieces of CPR and that seemed to be enough but what happens if I'm a lone next time)...Do you know what to do if your child stops breathing??? It's a pretty scary thought but it's a million times scarier if you're caught in a situation similar to mine. If you have the opportunity to take a CPR class, do it!!!! It could save someones life. Febrile Seizures: Facts & Prevention

4 comments:

MD said...

I'm sorry to hear that - this is good information to know. What exactly happened?

Yvettes Campbell said...

My baby girl had a sinus infection and was put on antibiotics. She was completely normal. Saturday we celebrated Easter with my in laws. We went out to eat and then went over to my m-i-l house. Mila was playing, having a good time when she decided to take a break and lay down with her dad. All of a sudden her body went stiff and she gasped for air. My husband asked if she was okay but she didn't respond. her body went limp and she started turning blue. She wasn't breathing and her mouth was clinched. We called 911, and I did a few finger sweeps thinking that she was choking. we had her on her side and my m-i-l was giving her breath through her nose, while my brother in law was pounding on her back. By the time the paramedics got there she was starting to come in and out. It was the scariest moment as a mom. Thank god everything turned out okay.

Yvettes Campbell said...

Oh I forgot to mention that the infection caused her to have a fever and the fever came on real fast. It went from her being normal to having a fever of a 102.9 in the matter of seconds/ minutes.

Rachel Gillie said...

It is super scary and can happen when she gets fevers like that, but she will grow out of it soon. I had one when I was little at the beach (I had a fever and my aunt took me to the beach not knowing that I had one). Then my nephew had one a couple months ago from the fever from his ear infection and it spiking from a bath. Scary, scary stuff, but thankfully it is dealable. So sorry you had to go through that and I am glad that Mila is doing better :)