Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reassured


It's a reassuring feel to know that if our apartment is ever up in flames Mike will finish playing his Xbox game before he gets up to see why the smoke alarm is piercing our ear drums. Mike is playing call of Duty 4 and I am on my computer when all of a sudden all we hear is this unbearable noise coming from every which direction. Everyone one in our building is spilling out there front door to see what is going on. No one is able to figure out why the alarm is going off in every apartment. Finally after Mike finishes his game and gets dressed he comes outside. While I was outside I saw one of my students from primary, Mathias. He was standing outside with his parents so we decided to walk over to see the fire truck as it was arriving. The firemen checked every apartment and saw that everything was clear. It was a false alarm there was no fire. Few!!! It was kind of a fun experience getting to meet all our neighbors all at once but it stinks that it had to be in a false emergency alarm type of way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew for the false alarm! Glad everyone is ok. I love Gavins new name, it suits him VERY well! He is the biggest HAM ever. HAve fun at DIsney tomorrow.

Jen Proffit said...

That sounds crazy. So funny that Mikey didn't stop playing XBOX. What a guy. Glad you are all safe. We seriously need to get together for lunch sometime. I'd love to hang out with you. Let me know when you're free.