Friday, June 5, 2009

May 15th 2009





As all of you know, Mila is finally here. I just love this little girl to pieces. I just want to start of saying that my experience at Mission Hospital was amazing. Everyone there was so nice and so comforting. The only thing that was really annoying was that I was scheduled for surgery at 5pm and didn't go into surgery until 8:45. What had happened was my Dr. was assisting another Dr. in their surgery when completions arouse, which caused my c-section to be pushed back. How can you be mad? All I could do was hope that the person they were operating on was okay.

When the nurse finally came into my room and said it was "Show Time" I knew it was really going to happen, I was finally going to meet my little girl. I was brought into the O.R. and the anesthesiologist administered my spinal (which was not fun at all). Shorty after I wasn't able to feel anything below my bellybutton...it was such a weird feeling. When the Dr knew I was ready to go they brought Mike into the room. I was so nervous but so excited. I couldn't feel a thing but I knew they were doing something because the table I was on was rocking back and forth. The Dr. prepared me for a lot of pressure that they were going to apply on my tummy and then all of a sudden they pulled her out of my belly. I heard her cry and my heart melted. Mikey got to see the baby first but then the Dr raised her above the blue drapes and I got to see her for a few seconds. They took her away, cleaned her off and then brought her back to me. Mikey and I couldn't have been happier. Our little girl was finally here. The Dr. finished closing me back up and then I was off to the recovery room where my family was waiting for us. I couldn't have asked for a better team of nurses and Dr. I will forever be so grateful for all of there help in delivering our little Mila Angelina Campbell.

4 comments:

Claudia Luckey said...

oh so cute

Katie said...

Congratulations!!!! I have been checking and checking to get a peak at her and it did NOT disappoint! She is AMAZING!!! Those cheeks! Ahhh. I could die over them. Enjoy her, it is hard but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Jen Proffit said...

Wow she is so beautiful! I hope your recovery went well. I want my next baby to be chubby....fat chance :)

Vancouver, Canada said...

Congratulation sweetie!!!!!!! Such a Precious Baby Angel..you make a beautiful family..thanks so much for putting this post as it will be very helpful to others who will go through a c-section..Your truly an Angel yourself too..Bless