Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wedding Ring Blues









I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since I was about 6 months pregnant and I've been itching to wear it. So today I thought I would give it a try and see if it fit. I figured if I just got it over my knuckle it would fit, boy was I wrong. I tried everything to get it off, ice, cold water, soap, lotion, olive oil, you name it I tried. The more and more I tried getting it off the more my finger started to swell, once my finger turned a dark shade of purple I started to panic.


I packed up Mila and we headed over to the fire station where they cut it off. I had two firemen working on my ring. They said that out of all the rings that they have cut off mine was the hardest, lucky me. It took them forever to get off, but I was so thankful for their help. I was so embarrassed that I had put myself in that situation. While, Ryan, the fireman was cutting of my ring I was telling him how my husband predicted this whole situations months ago...Ryan just looked at me a laughed and gave me a look like "you should have listen to your husband." I wish I would have listened to him but once I got that itch I just had to scratch it. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm just hoping that when I take it into the jewelers they will be able to solder it back together and re-size it at the same time. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


P.S. I was so thankful for Ryan and Tim 's help ( the firemen) that I decided to pick up some Frence's cookies and drop them off at the station. I hope they enjoyed them. :)