Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lets talk Earthquake....


Today, as most of you know, we had a 5.4 earthquake at around 11:30am. I just want to share with you how I felt as this took place. I was at my mom's house with my mom, my aunt Minerva, Mason and Madison (my sisters babies). My mom had gone to her room to take a shower and Minnie and I were in the TV room playing with the kids. All of a sudden Minnie and I felt the roll and thats when things started rattling. I was closes to Mason so I picked him, Minnie picked up Madison and we ran into the big living room. I started freaking out! The shaking hadn't stopped and the chandelier was swaying back and forth. I asked Minnie, "what do we do?" I told her that we are not supposed to go under the doorway anymore and she told me that she hadn't heard of that before. So we just stood in the open area. My mom runs down the stairs to make sure we were okay. We were fine. The earthquake was over and my nerves got the best of me. My heart was racing, my hands were shaking and it took me a while to calm down. I don't think that kids new what was going on but they new that I was scared. As soon as Minerva put Madison down she started to cry and wanted her to holder right away. I am almost afraid of earthquakes as I am of sharks and that says a lot. To end on a more positive note I really need to get myself and family emergency prepared asap. And I suggest that you guys do too. Take care and be safe.